Tuesday, April 9, 2013

FAST FOOD NATION


Fast Food Nation

The book “Fast Food Nation” written by Eric Schlosser has definitely affected me after reading it. I wasn’t aware of all the practices they have in the meat market industry. For some reason I always thought that these meat companies had to go through constant inspections and that they had better practices. I think is sad to know how they really produce the meat that we eat at our fast food restaurants. Just to imagine and picture the way animals are killed, the brutality and abuse these poor animals have to go through has changed the way I see fast food restaurants now. I have never been a fast food lover, and now after reading fast food Nation I think I am going to think twice before I eat a hamburger. I know that for some people fast food is the only alternative they have due to lack of time, but I think that if more people were aware of the way their hamburgers are produced, they will do something about it. Personally, I will at least try to have better eating habits, because now every time I think about fast food these vivid pictures of how the animals are killed come to my mind.

10 comments:

  1. i think twice when i eat a hamburger now too :/ but i guess its a good thing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading the book really made me realize that these companies are looking to make money, and not thinking about our health. I wish that safety inspections were done before the meat gets distributed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The meat industry is seriously disgusting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree with you in thinking that meat companies had to meet certain regulations and went through constant inspections. I work for a manufacturing company and we get audited every year from some type of company. I guess I thought all manufacturing companies did the same.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its sad to think how these animals are going through these painful practices. I see those vivid picture in my head too. This book changed my eating habits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really don't see all the harm. I still believe that there is still hope out there for MEAT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know. This chapter on the meat industry really got me. I will never look at meat the same.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with you about the brutality that goes on in the slaughter houses. Poor animals.

    ReplyDelete
  9. meat chapter must of been the worst!

    ReplyDelete