Reality Shows
I don’t really watch that much television, I usually would
sit down and watch television whenever there is a sport event, or when my
favorite soccer team is playing. Reality shows? I am not a big fan of reality
shows, although I have seen these types of shows are taking over. I think is
almost impossible for you not to come across a reality show if you start
swapping channels. The only reality shows that I like are some that are air in
national geographic and discovery channel, I really enjoy watching the
documentaries they show. But, in general I don’t think these reality shows send
a good or positive message to its audience. I believe that we can be influence
by what we watch, and a lot of these shows are just pointless. For example, the
Jersey shore show from what I have seen, it just shows people partying and
drinking every single night, girls hooking up with different boys. What good
message can a teenager get from these types of shows? In fact, in my opinion
all they can get from it is the wrong idea that this behavior is acceptable.
TV companies know that with these type of shows they would
get their ratings up, so they would rather show these than shows that they know
are not going to win them audience. I personally think most of these shows such
as the Kardashians (my gf loves this show, so I have seen it more than once),
or those MTV shows are all scripted, they just want its audience to believe
everything is happening in the show is true, when in “reality” is not. I
believe these types of shows are not doing any good to society; they are just
meeting their goals of having high ratings and making money out of it, they
don’t care about the consequences that these behaviors present on their shows
can have in a teenager.
I don’t think I would be easily influence by what type of
shows I watch, but I know there are many people out there who definitely would.
So, I would say that for the most part I try to avoid these shows, because I
just find them pointless and sometimes stupid to watch. And like the old saying
says “you are what you eat” so maybe for some people we can say that they are
what they watch because they can easily get influence by television.
wow that's actually pretty perfect. if you really do soak up that garbage like it's real then chances are that you are what you eat (visually)
ReplyDeleteYour right. A lot of these shows are pointless. Particularly the two shows you mentioned. You cant flip through a channel without seeing their own version of a trashy reality show.
ReplyDeleteYou and I are on the exact same page as far as reality television goes.
ReplyDeleteThese shows don't do anything for society, like you said, and I also agree with the fact that maybe it doesn't influence you but it easily influences other people who watch.
ReplyDeleteI agree we shouldn't be influenced by what we watch on television because some stuff might not even be real.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you on how is rally hard to find something on t.v that is not a reality show. I could also relate with you on how The Jersey Shore video is a pointless show.
ReplyDelete