Summary of my life
I was born and raised in Mexico
until the age of 15. I come from a family of six, two older brothers and my
twin sister. I am the youngest of the family since I was born twenty minutes
after my sister was born, the funny thing is that my parents didn’t know that
they were having twins, so they were kind of shock when I showed up. My childhood was somewhat difficult
because you can say that we were raised without my dad because since I was born
he would always come to the U.S. to work. He would only go back for 2 or 3
weeks during the whole year and there were times where he would take longer to
go back. I remember I would always see my friends with their dad and this was
something that made me sad. I was already used to only see him for a short
period of time, but then finally after like 10 years he had requested for
residency for all of us they approved it. So at the age of 15 I was forced to
come to this country, I remember I was not happy at all even though we were
going to finally be all together. I remember coming into high school, I really
hated it. I just wanted to go back to my old friends, my old school. Little by
little I started making new friends; the only hard thing was the language. I
remember I would get frustrated because I didn’t understand a single word at
first. There was always that one person who would always make fun of you when
you made mistakes trying to say something. So, for the most part I would just
go, do my work and I would rarely talk to anybody. I finished high school and
decided to attend Oxnard College. I was attending college when I started
working a full time job. I started to do bad in some of my classes so I just
decided to stop for a while. The idea was just to stop only one or two
semesters. A mistake I made because these two semesters became four years until
last semester that I finally decided go back to school.
Currently I am still working a full time job, but trying to
manage my time properly to try to do good in my classes. My idea is to get my
AA and go from there, I know that education is the only key to get somewhere in
life. I only have a few more classes to go to be able to graduate from college.
Besides working and attending college I try to keep myself busy doing things
that I love. Definitely something that I really enjoy doing is playing soccer,
I have played soccer all my life and the other would be music. I can spend
hours just listening to music, it takes my mind to other places. Whenever I
need sometime for myself or just to relax I just put on my headphones and
forget about everything.
In the future I would like transfer to a four year
university to get a degree that is going to get me a better paying job.
Yep, you had a big transition early in your life! Thanks for this post!
ReplyDeleteIt is definitely not easy to make that transition. It's good that you're doing well though.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you struggled as a child, It must have been very hard to move and leave all your friends and family memebers behind. It's goot that you have returned to college for a better future. Wish you the best.
ReplyDeleteI always wanted to have a twin too.
ReplyDeleteIt must have been hard not having your dad around all the time, but at least you had alot of siblings to look out for you. I was an only child till i turned 15 and i somtimes wished had an older brother or sister.
ReplyDelete